Working alongside Doctors and Nurses as part of a fast paced and diverse team, our Coordinators support and advise our policyholders who require assistance for medical situations that may arise anywhere in the world. We ensure members receive all the care they require by guiding members through the appropriate processes and, in liaison with a range of professionals, put care plans in place which may include; arranging treatment locally and or booking air ambulances or commercial flights with appropriately qualified and equipped medical escorts.
Key Activities of an International Customer Service Coordinator
To be responsible for providing a proactive, professional and timely response to request for travel and medical assistance by;
- Accurately identifying callers’ needs and claim eligibility through effective questioning and listening
- Regularly liaising with customers, underwriters and international medical providers to coordinate cost effective treatment plans in line with company and client policies
- Providing advice regarding insurance claims processes
- Escalating urgent, high risk or high profile cases to Team Leaders and Operations Managers immediately
- Ensuring all case files are accurately updated, including adding reserves and costs
- Obtaining information from third parties to expedite claims assessment
- Operating in accordance with legal regulations and Healix policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and empathetic attitude
- A resourceful problem solver who can work under pressure
- Good geographical knowledge
- Additional languages are an advantage, but not necessary
- Knowledge and experience of working within the travel insurance arena is an advantage
- Ability to build relationships quickly, responding respectfully and positively to clients’ needs
What we offer
The Healix culture is warm and friendly, we are proud of our working environment and our loyal and dedicated employees. We employ high quality and experienced professionals from within the medical, travel insurance and assistance professions. We are also pleased to offer career development opportunities for those wishing to diversify or take additional responsibilities.