We are looking for a proactive, empathetic and resourceful individual who is able to think outside of the box and work calmly under pressure. Working alongside our Doctors and Coordinators, our Nurses provide outstanding medical case management, dynamic repatriation and medical escort services and expert helpline advice.
- Management of all new and ongoing emergency medical assistance, claims and repatriation cases. Includes but is not limited to; performing remote medical assessments, assessing cases based on clinical requirements, local facilities and cost of care, provision of medical advice to Coordinators, negotiating medical treatment and recognising high risk patients.
- Assessment of proposed treatment plans for medical necessity and to ensure they fall within policy terms and conditions
- Monitor patient progress and liaise with the provider to ensure the member is discharged to an appropriate environment.
- Maintain accurate case records on the CMS system to include details of care delivered and all related communication.
- Provide clients and with repatriation options, liaising directly with suppliers and clients to ensure the safe efficient transfer for patients.
- Liaise with treating medical team overseas, medical escort and patient’s home medical facility to ensure ongoing care is maintained once patient has been repatriated
- Checking and restocking of medical equipment bags for future repatriations.
- Provide simple non-diagnostic medical advice via the helpline, escalating calls were necessary
- Formulation of care plans when medical assessment required, liaising with foreign providers and crew members once fitness to fly has been authorised.
- Participate in departmental audits and provide feedback accordingly.
- Must hold current RGN membership
- Experience in a similar industry or department
- Autonomous worker with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work to budgets
What we offer
The Healix culture is warm and friendly, we are proud of our working environment and our loyal and dedicated employees. We employ high quality and experienced professionals from within the medical, travel insurance and assistance professions. We are also pleased to offer career development opportunities for those wishing to diversify or take additional responsibilities.