We are looking for a diligent, polite and empathetic Nurse who can deliver high levels of customer service, problem solve and work calmly under pressure.
Working in a dynamic and fast paced team, our nurses remotely case manage the medical requirements and care plans for UK Government employees, and their dependants, who are posted overseas, according to NHS guidelines.
The role is extremely diverse, and may cover:
- Pre-posting screening assessments
- Travel vaccination requirements
- Providing medical advice, which may require liaising with one of our in-house GPs
- Case managing from initial consultation to discharge
- Developing care plans for pre-existing conditions, taking into account local facilities, nature of case and cost of care
- Organisation and support of repatriation or evacuation, including patient care and travel/accommodation for dependants, whilst considering any limitations of travel for sick/injured individuals
- Assessing each case taking into account; medical need; local facilities; time remaining at post, age of patient, and the cost of care along with Health and Welfare/NHS guidelines.
- Review of all medical reports received to ensure recommendations are assessed and a management care plan put in place, aligned with NHS guidelines
- Arranging medical referrals, appointments and reviews, as necessary
Please note that this is an office based role. Job holders are not required to travel routinely, however there may be an occasional requirement to travel in order to attend external meetings or training updates.
- RGN with current NMC Pin and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and competency in the assessment and management of individual cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable, responsive and empathetic attitude
- Ability to act promptly when critical issues are identified, ensuring such cases are escalated to the duty Operations Manager as appropriate
- Knowledge and experience of working with the travel or UK government services in an advantage.
What We Offer
The Healix culture is warm and friendly, we are proud of our working environment and our loyal and dedicated employees. We employ high quality and experienced professionals from within the medical, travel insurance and assistance professions. We are also pleased to offer career development opportunities for those wishing to diversify or take additional responsibilities.