Our International Case Managers work alongside the operational and assistance teams within Healix to provide medical advice and support to our clients. This diverse and exciting role is supported by our team of in-house doctors and is integral to the growth and development of our business.
- Remote management of medical cases worldwide, liaising with local medical staff to ensure treatment received is medically appropriate in relation to the individual’s circumstances
- Provision of medical advice and support to our international assistance, claims and occupational health teams
- Provision of telephone medical advice to clients and arranging medical referral where necessary
- Provide medical advice and guidance to the repatriation team; liaising with medical escorts, transferring and receiving hospitals and patients to ensure evacuations and repatriations are coordinated safely and efficiently.
In-flight Nurse – in addition to the above our International Case Managers have the option to fly as medical escorts for the Healix Group on an ad-hoc basis when not scheduled to be office based. In-flight work does not form part of the contract of employment and is optional for those wishing to fly.
- We are looking for Registered Nurses with at least 4 years’ recent acute nursing experience (including 3 years within a critical care area)
- The ability to plan and organise own workload and work well under pressure
- Previous knowledge and experience in international and remote medical case management would be an advantage but is not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
The Healix culture is warm and friendly, we are proud of our working environment and our loyal and dedicated employees. We employ high quality and experienced professionals from within the medical, travel insurance and assistance professions. We are also pleased to offer career development opportunities for those wishing to diversify or take additional responsibilities.