Read our monthly round-up of the current epidemics and outbreaks of infectious diseases causing concern to business travellers across the world, written by Dr Adrian Hyzler, Chief Medical Officer at Healix International.
What’s inside the April World Health Report?
- INFLUENZA – As the current flu season draws to a close in the northern hemisphere, how does the 2018-19 period compare to previous years?
- POLIO – Indonesia has recently reported its first cases of polio in over a decade. Is there a risk of international spread?
- ANTI-VACCINATION MOVEMENT – Could this movement be one of the biggest threats to global health in 2019?
- CYCLONE IDAI – How does the scale of extreme damage in Mozambique and Zimbabwe impact the threat of disease in affected areas?
- QUICK READ – Could the world’s deadliest animal hold the answer to pain-free injections?
Infectious Disease and Business Continuity for your Organisation
When a serious infectious disease strikes, you need to act fast to isolate the risk and close down the means of it spreading throughout your organisation. Are you prepared? Healix can offer a free assessment of your current plans by a highly qualified specialist in pandemic planning. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.