Read our monthly round-up of the current epidemics and outbreaks of infectious diseases causing concern to business travellers across the world, written by Dr Adrian Hyzler, Chief Medical Officer at Healix International.
What’s inside the May World Health Report?
- MALARIA – Why are we only just seeing the world’s first malaria vaccine go in to large scale trials across selected countries in Africa?
- MEASLES – What’s the latest advice for international travellers in light of the recent measles outbreaks across the world?
- SNAKEBITES – Snakebites remain a globally neglected killer, but could that be about to change?
- EBOLA – Could an experimental Ebola vaccine prove to be effective in containing the long-lasting outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo?
- NEWS-IN-BRIEF – A round-up of other medical news stories you may have missed over the last month.
Infectious Disease and Business Continuity for your Organisation
When a serious infectious disease strikes, you need to act fast to isolate the risk and close down the means of it spreading throughout your organisation. Are you prepared? Healix can offer a free assessment of your current plans by a highly qualified specialist in pandemic planning. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.